Coffee and Rum: Café Caribbean
Classic Rum Iced Coffee Recipe
Classic Rum Iced Coffee Recipe
- 1 Coffee Maker
- 1 Mesh Strainer
- 1 serving glass
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup ground coffee beans, high quality
- 1½ tbsp dark rum
- 2 tsp sugar or simple syrup
- 2 tbsp Heavy cream or half and half
- Start by brewing the coffee. Bring 3/4 cup of water to a boil in a small saucepan or in a coffee maker. Once the water is boiling, remove it from the heat and add 3/4 cup of ground coffee beans. Stir the mixture well to ensure that the coffee is evenly distributed in the water.
- Allow the coffee to steep for about 4-5 minutes. Then, strain the coffee through a fine mesh strainer or coffee filter to remove any grounds. Transfer the brewed coffee to a heat-proof container and place it in the refrigerator to cool.
- Once the coffee is chilled, combine it in a blender with the dark rum, sugar or simple syrup, and a splash of heavy cream or half and half (if desired). Blend until the ingredients are well combined and the sugar is dissolved.
- Fill a serving glass with ice cubes. Pour the coffee mixture over the ice.
- Stir well and enjoy!
Cross Keys Rum Iced Coffee Recipe
Cross Keys rum iced coffee recipe
- 1 Espresso machine or Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- 1 Strainer
- 1 Stirring Spoon or Bar Spoon
- 1 Mixing Glass
- 2 Chilled Glasses
- 16 oz brewed espresso, or cold brew, chilled
- 2 oz simple syrup
- 4 oz Cross Keys rum
- 4 oz Irish cream liquor
- ⅓ cup ice cubes
- Begin by brewing 16 ounces of espresso or cold brew coffee and chilling it in the refrigerator.
- In a large mixing glass, add 2 ounces of simple syrup.
- Next, add 4 ounces of Cross Keys rum to the mixing glass.
- Pour in 4 ounces of Irish cream liquor.
- Fill the mixing glass with ice and stir well to combine all of the ingredients.
- Strain the mixture into a chilled glass and enjoy! You can garnish the drink with a sprinkle of cocoa powder or a few coffee beans if desired.
Spicy Orange Rum Iced Coffee Recipe
Spicy Orange Rum Iced Coffee
- 1 Blender
- 1 Measuring Cup or Spoon
- 1 Stirring Spoon or Straw
- 1 Glass
- 1 tbsp dark rum
- 1 orange
- ¼ tbsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 cup boiled water
- 2 tsp honey
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup ice cubes
- Squeeze the orange to obtain about 1 tablespoon of orange juice.joy!
- In a blender, combine the orange juice, dark rum, nutmeg, instant coffee, and warm water. Blend until the ingredients are well combined and the coffee is dissolved.
- Add the honey, milk, and ice to the blender. Blend again until the ice is crushed and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a glass and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Can you add rum to black coffee?
Absolutely! In fact, it’s a great way to spice up your morning cup of joe. Caribbean Coffee Cocktails are incredibly popular for their unique combination of flavors, and it can be a fun way to add a little extra kick to your coffee. Just be sure to drink responsibly and keep in mind that alcohol can increase the effects of caffeine, so it’s important to consume alcohol in moderation!
What kind of rum is good in coffee?
If you’re looking for a tasty coffee cocktail, try using dark Jamaican rum. Not only is it an excellent addition to any hot drink, but its sweet and full-bodied taste will have your guests asking for more. And if that’s not enough of a treat, Vanilla Rum also makes the perfect Espresso Martini when combined with some Coffee Liqueur and chilled espresso!
Does Captain Morgan go well with coffee?
Captain Morgan is an excellent accompaniment to freshly-brewed espresso! The Espresso Martini gains its unique intensity from a smooth blend of Caribbean rum and coffee liqueur, creating a truly decadent experience!
What’s the best way to serve Rum Iced Coffee?
Rum Iced Coffee is best served over ice and topped with cream or whipped cream for added sweetness. If desired, garnish with a fresh slice of orange or a cinnamon stick for some extra flavor. This drink can also be served as an afternoon pick-me-up by adding a shot of espresso to the mix. Either way, it’s sure to be a hit at your next get together!
Can Carrebean Rum Iced Coffee be non-alcoholic?
Yes! You can easily make a non-alcoholic version of this classic Carrebean Rum Iced Coffee by omitting the rum and adding a dash of cinnamon, cocoa powder, or a flavored syrup. A few sprigs of fresh mint or a sprinkle of nutmeg will also give it an extra special touch. Enjoy your alcohol-free Carrebean Rum Iced Coffee anytime!