How to Clean Your Coffee Maker. . .and Your Dog!
Because what average family doesn’t have a dirty coffee maker and a smelly dog lurking around the house at the same time? All you need is white distilled vinegar and the job is done!
If you have lost your instructions pamphlet and are not sure how to clean your coffee maker; this simple, monthly routine will do the trick for most makes and models:
- If your coffee maker has a water filter, remove it.
- Pour 1-2 cups of white vinegar into the water reservoir.
- Turn coffee maker on to begin the brew cycle. After a few moments turn off the coffee maker.
- Allow vinegar to sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Turn coffee maker back on and allow the vinegar to run through the remaining brew cycle.
- Once the brew cycle is complete, turn off coffee maker and allow vinegar to cool.
- Once cool, dispense vinegar into a cup and rinse reservoir with water.
- Run clean water through at least 2 brew cycles, allowing the coffee maker to cool between each cycle.
Now you are ready to enjoy a fresh cup of coffee free from impurities and hard water deposits.
Dog Tip: Don’t just use your white vinegar for the coffee maker, use it on your dog too! If your pooch has dirty, smelly ears; simply mix one part water to one part vinegar and you have a gentle solution to easily wipe (using cotton balls) the grime from your dog’s ears.
Photo by: brykmantra